Medical and surgical needs are a part of our lives as well as those of our animal friends. Ox Bottom Animal Hospital in Tallahassee offers a variety of general soft tissue surgical procedures.
- Soft Tissue Surgery involves the body’s tissue, organs, and skin. Routine surgeries we offer include:
- Spay (Ovariohysterectomy)
- Neuter (Castration)
- Biopsy or excision of abnormal growths
- Removal of foreign materials causing an obstruction in the digestive tract
- Removal and retrieval of uroliths causing bladder and urethral obstructions
Since every pet is unique, our veterinarian will evaluate your pet and create an anesthetic protocol best suited for your pet’s needs before the procedure. In order to ensure better anesthesia for your pet with fewer problems or complications, our experienced veterinarians will take into consideration your pet’s species, breed, age, and health.
We constantly monitor vital signs for early recognition and correction of problems throughout the surgical procedure.
We also have an established pain management protocol to keep your pet as comfortable as possible before, during, and after your pet’s procedure.
We recognize that your pet will recover and heal faster and better after surgery if pain is properly managed. Our doctors will work with you and tailor pain management and recovery to your pet’s specific needs.